Authors and Publishers — In the U.S., once you create your original work, you own it. But, you must register within 3-months of publication or before publication and before any infringement occurs to enforce your full copyrights and claim up to $150,000 in statutory damages plus attorney fees. This one-time fee protects your work for the duration of your life + 70 years!**IMPORTANT: A recent Supreme Court ruling requires you to register your copyright before filing a lawsuit to enforce your rights!
Here's How to Protect Your Creative Work in 3 Easy Steps:
Stay informed with a FREE subscription to the Rights Made Easy newsletter from CopyrightsNow®
Learn More about how CopyrightsNow® helps you to file for protection of your creative works.
A New Way to Register your Copyrights
Simple, Fast and Easy Copyright Enforcement!
How does CopyrightsNow® work?
When you submit your copyright application via CopyrightsNow®, our advanced software prompts you with an easy to answer questionnaire to speed the process.
CopyrightsNow® does the following:
- Checks your application for completeness, consistency and conformance with generally acceptable practices
- Performs detailed error-checking as you enter your information and allows you to correct errors immediately... saving time and lowering the risk of your application being reject by the U. S. Copyright Office (USCO)
- Provides a date-stamped e-mail acknowledgement of your application
- Allow you to make changes or corrections within 24-hours of submittal
- Assigns your application to a Specialist for review, reformatting and electronic filing with the U.S. Copyright Office after your 24-hour review period expires
- Upon electronic filing, you receive a confirming email with your Library of Congress Case Number and a secure link to pay the government filing fee and a link to upload a digital copy of your work or print-out a shipping label to mail in a copy of your work
- Once your filing fee is paid and you upload your work, you have an Effective Date for your Copyright Registration and your certificate will be received in 6 - 9 months directly from the U. S. Copyright Office
- You can get status updates by accessing the USCO website or contacting USCO customer support
©2015-2021 Digi-Rights Direct, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Rev. 1.8.21
* Filing fee of $65.00 per application is paid directly to the U. S. Copyright Office.
** For corporate works, copyright persists for 120 years from creation or 95 years from publication, whichever is shorter. You must register within 3-months of publication or before publication and before any infringement occurs to enforce your full copyrights and claim up to $150,000 in statutory damages plus attorney fees!
Digi-Rights® CopyrightsNow® and Rights Solutions are licensed by leading self-publishers, authors and service providers. CopyrightsNow® is a trademark of Digi-Rights Direct LLC. CopyrightsNow® is not affiliated with the U. S. Copyright Office. Neither Digi-Rights® Direct LLC or its Affiliate Partners or Service Providers are attorneys and we do not provide legal advice regarding copyrights and licensing, and we are not liable for any damages resulting from reliance upon statements and tutorial material. The information contained on this website are believed to be accurate at the time of publication. Consult with a competent attorney for legal advice.
© 2021 Digi-Rights Direct LLC. All Rights Reserved. Specifications and prices subject to change.